Uncle Nico's Audition Tape

Monday, July 11, 2005

Brush with greatness

So Friday, Theo and I decided we would drive to Austin to see Demetri Martin and then turn around and drive back. Fourteen hours round-trip. We left at 10 in the morning Friday and got home at 8:30 Saturday morning. Crazy? You be the judge.

The trip there was fairly smooth. We were run off the interstate at 80 miles an hour by an 18-wheeler who decided to change lanes with us riding alongside. And all you can do when that happens, is look at each other at the exact same moment, and scream.

Then there was the Cracker Barrel in Houston where Theo harrassed an Australian waiter about what "other favorites" meant on the soft drink menu. Apparently, it means Dr. Pepper.

Fast forward to the show and Demetri Martin was great. Afterwards, Theo and I hung out with a certain Saturday Night Live cast member, Will Forte. Incredibly nice guy. We talked to him for about 10 minutes and I'm not sure, but one of us may have made a pass at him, such was our admiration.

On the way home, we were both delirious and nothing was keeping us awake. Not caffeine, not singing "The Living Years" by Mike and the Mechanics, nothing. At one point, while I was taking my turn driving, I could have sworn the trees on the side of the interstate were dancing like in "Fantasia."

So that was the trip to Austin.

In other news, Team J is back together. What can I say, I couldn't resist her charms. And I'm not just saying that because she's standing behind me, with a tire iron in her hands, slapping it against her left palm and saying "type monkey!!"

Get help please.

3 Comments:

At 5:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who's Team J? I feel so lost!

Another 6 hours on that trip and you could've come round trip to O-town. No Will Forte to hit on, but I'm sure we could have found you boys someone suitable (and female!)

Sara

 
At 1:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not sure where you're getting уour іnfοrmation, but gоoԁ topіc.

Ι needs to spend somе time leaгning much moгe or understandіng morе.
Thanκs fоr fantaѕtic info I was
looking for thіs infοrmation for my misѕion.



Feel freе tο visit my hоmepagе :
: credit card debt help

 
At 9:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You mаdе ѕome really good ρoints
there. I lоoked on the intеrnet to find оut more about the іssue аnd
found most indiνiduals wіll go along
with your νiews on this wеb site.

Look intο mу web pаge :: auto insurance ratings in massachusetts

 

Post a Comment

<< Home