Uncle Nico's Audition Tape

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Facebook N.A.R.C.

I'm 26, which I don't believe is in the least bit old. But, it's becoming painfully obvious that in some instances, I am too old for things. The ball pit at McDonald's, the top part of the shopping cart where kids sometimes ride, and floaties in the swimming pool ... all things I've become too old for. And I'm okay with that ... except for the floaties part, because part of me still believes there is an actual shark in the swimming pool with me.

But I think by 26 you've also outgrown some more grown up things, like Facebook. I'm on that now, and I feel like a chaperone at a high school dance. Everyone on there is graduating college in 2020, and uses a picture they took at a rave and/or frat party for their profile. Mine is a candid shot of me buying Depends. Well, it might as well be.

Have I grown too old? Has life passed me by?

I hope not. Then again, I had a conversation with an old friend from high school and 15 minutes of it was spent talking about the weather. That cannot be good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home