Uncle Nico's Audition Tape

Friday, January 30, 2009

Friday, January 30, 2009

Nothing like a little break from blogging to recharge the batteries. You take a week off and it becomes almost three years.

I'm writing this from inside the bowels, and I do mean bowels, of my office. I have no windows so I can't tell you what the outside world looks like. But I have a plan to fix that.

Every day, I dig a little bit out of the walls with a small hammer. I hide the hole behind a large poster in my office. The warden, I mean boss, suspects nothing. In about 15 years, I will have dug a tunnel to the outside world thereby gaining my freedom.

Meanwhile, we celebrated the birthday of a good friend/co-worker of mine who turned 62 yesterday. Yes, I have 62 year old friends, what of it? Anyway ... as I near the monolith of turning 30, I admired her for her energy and vitality yesterday. She wasn't worried about a number or getting older.

Then again, she takes about 23 pills a day for various reasons, so maybe I should enjoy 29 while I can.

1 Comments:

At 10:57 AM, Blogger Clay said...

She just likes to show off the meds since she thinks young whipper-snappers like you are into eating pills ever since she saw the 60-minutes episode on raves 8 years ago.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home